Westoe Road, South Shields
Originally a 1920’s Co-Operative Society Department Store, the Rating Department of South Tyneside Council vacated and sold the premises following the discovery of extensive asbestos within their offices. This gave the opportunity to refurbish and reconfigure the building’s interior to form commercial offices to rent.
The re-configuration included the construction of a new wing to the rear, housing new lift and toilet accommodation. All windows were replaced and the external finishes were renewed.